MD Imaging uses the most advanced technology available in Northern California to provide a range of Breast Imaging services at our Women's Imaging Center, located within MD Imaging.
Your visit is very important to us and while you are here you will be served by a staff committed to excellence. We will do everything possible to ensure you are comfortable and at ease during your appointment. Your study results will be interpreted by a sub-specialized, Board-Certified Radiologist at MD Imaging who cares about the quality of your health.
Below are the different Breast Imaging services we provide:
Digital Mammography is the most up-to-date technology in breast imaging, using a lower radiation dose than standard mammograms.
- Fewer patients need to be called back for additional images. The extra visits that are often needed to clarify the details of the breast may be eliminated because the digital image can be enhanced by the radiologist with the computer before they are printed on film. More information can be seen with a limited number of pictures.
- Less anxiety is generated if fewer pictures are required and results are seen immediately.
- Less time may be needed for your appointment as results are seen more quickly. The picture appears in the room on a computer monitor in 10 seconds.
Click here to learn more about Mammography »
Second Reading of Mammograms "Second Look (CADx)"
This is a computer aided detection program that looks at your mammogram after the Radiologist has to enhance your screening exam and acts as a “"second opinion."
- Reduces the number of breast cancers missed by up to 15% in most studies providing an extra level of protection in breast cancer detection.
- The Second Opinion does not take the place of the radiologist but it can alert them to take a closer look at subtle warning signs that might easily be missed.
- No additional procedure is needed – it gives you the benefits of a second opinion without a second exam. It is simply a part of the mammography reading process of our radiologist.
Breast Ultrasound can better characterize abnormalities in the breast.
- Ultrasound can eliminate unnecessary biopsies by better distinguishing malignant (cancerous) from benign (non-cancerous) solid lesions and aids in our sensitivity for detecting cancer in dense breasts.
- Ultrasound can characterize abnormalities and is the standard tool used in distinguishing a fluid filled cyst from a solid lesion.
Non-Surgical Breast Biopsy acts as a minimally invasive diagnosis to help diagnose abnormalities within the breast.
- Reduces the need for surgery since 80% of abnormalities in the breast are non-cancerous. Non-surgical breast biopsy is a less painful, less invasive way to obtain the tissue sample needed for diagnosis. Most women return to their normal routine following this simple procedure.
- Non-Surgical is as accurate a surgical breast biopsy, with a 98% accuracy rate.
Breast MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) is an exciting innovation in high tech breast imaging and will be available in the coming New Year. Breast MRI will be used as an adjunct to Mammography.
- Highlights breast cancers better than other modalities, using Bilateral Simultaneous Breast MRI with contrast enhancement, to provide the most highly detailed images available.
- Screening of High Risk women.
- Pre-operative staging of breast cancers for optimum treatment options.
- Finding hidden lesions in women with known cancer in the lymph nodes.
- Detection of ruptured breast implants using MRI is considered the gold standard.
As you can clearly see, breast imaging has many different facets, and they are all important in determining your breast health. That is why we are committed to serving all your breast imaging needs at the Women’s Imaging Center; your complete breast imaging center.